Brian Solis and Altimeter Group recently released their second report on Digital Transformation. This new report is aimed at executives and digital strategists to help them (you) further understand the state of digital transformation as you plan your next steps and investments.
- Digital transformation is more than a change from a technology perspective – it’s the realignment of, or new investment in, technology and business models to more effectively engage digital customers at every touch point in the customer experience lifecycle
- Only one quarter of companies surveyed had a clear understanding of new and under-performing digital touch points – how can companies make the shift without clear understanding of their competitive and technological weaknesses?
- Transformation involves a renewed focus on the digital customer and the evolution of the customer journey
- The key to gaining a deeper level of understanding around these touch points is journey mapping research
- Most important digital transformation to companies surveyed (80%) say that improving processes that expedite changes to digital properties ie. Website updates, new mobile or social platforms etc.
- Customer experience life cycle cannot transform without looking at the whole picture – companies need to be cognizant of where their priorities in actively dealing with this transformation lie and determine if the resources are available
- Company culture is at the root of digital change